Looking for a light, refreshing dessert? Look no further! This Lemon Trifle is all that! It is easy to make, tastes amazing and is a total crowd-pleaser. I have made a lot of different desserts for parties at work, and this is the most requested for me to make again and again.
This dessert does not take a lot of skill, because you are just layering it into a bowl. The best part about it is you can improvise, and it is not an exact science like a cake.
This dessert travels well, if you have a bowl with a lid, but can also look beautiful in a glass dish. Either way you have an absolutely tasty dessert!
I made this cake this week for my very good friend Robyn who turned 40!! She wanted to make her calories count on her birthday and this is the dessert she chose to use them on! That is saying a great deal – It’s that good!!
Here is what you need:
- Pieces of Cake – I baked a yellow cake in two 8″ rounds. You can also use store bought angel food cake and just cut it up. Either way its delicious!
- Two boxes of lemon pudding, prepared as stated on the package
- Two 8oz containers of whipped topping. Any kind you like; fat free, low fat, extra creamy…any will do!
- 1 box of Lemon Oreos – crushed!
How to assemble your trifle:
- In a bowl layer on pieces of cake
- Mix one tub of whipped topping into your lemon pudding mix. Spread some of that on top of the cake
- Next spread on some of the whipped topping from the other container
- Top with some of the crushed Oreos
- Repeat until the ingredients are gone
- You will want to end with Oreos on top so it looks finished!