Finding The Perfect Vacation
Planning the perfect vacation takes a lot of hard work. I LOVE a good vacation (who doesn’t), but if your planning on your own they can be very stressful. Are we driving or flying? VRBO or Hotel? Rental Car or Uber? So many decisions!! That’s why it is so important to read reviews of others experiences and rely on recommendations. Vacation time is limited and you want to make the best of it!! I mean it’s gotta have a fantastic pool!!
I am normally the sole vacation planner in the family, however my husband weighs in…and just to be clear, I am not complaining! I am a true planner at Heart! We usually go on vacation during Spring Break, now that the kids are in school. For anyone without kids that is the time to avoid vacations! It’s the peak time of the year, and the prices are high!! Especially in Florida. You definitely need to plan ahead to get the best airfare and hotel accommodations.
Where To Go?
Typically, we go to Florida for Spring Break, and the majority of the time we go to Walt Disney World. So we decided to take a year off and try a beach vacation instead…my kids had never been to the ocean! We had always wanted to go to Naples, keeping in mind it is pricey! I was bound and determined to find accommodations for a reasonable price and we found that at Naples Bay Resort.
Why Naples Bay Resort?
Naples Florida can be pretty pricey. It costs a lot to fly into Naples, and to find good accommodations on a budget can be tricky. During my lengthy search for the best place to stay, I came across Naples Bay resort. We were looking for a condo, with three bedrooms and a pool nearby. They had all of that and more! The condos are privately owned, so the decor differs from condo to condo, but the layout is great, and spacious. They offer one, two and three bedroom options. There is also a hotel on the property, which is on the water at the marina. Wow is it beautiful! Here is a link to their photo album.
We spent the majority of our days at the pool. The shallow end is a walk in, which is great for the kids, plus they have a waterfall and a lazy river! There is so much to do for the whole family and when the kids are busy playing I get to lay out! With plenty of chairs for lounging, we always got a spot, but we did get there early to reserve our seats on a few occasions. I always like to be near the edge of the pool to watch the kiddos! One of the things that is a plus is poolside service! I mean, who doesn’t love ordering drinks by the pool??? I have to say they didn’t disappoint! The food and drinks were great, and I am not just saying that!
When we did leave the resort, we loaded up our minivan rental and went to the beach. Naples Bay Resort had beach chairs and umbrellas you can rent from them! So convenient, right?! The beach was just a short drive away. We spent a lot of time at the beach searching for sea shells, building sand castles and swimming. I can’t wait to go back! With several beaches to choose from, we especially loved the beach near the pier. There is something about piers that just says “vacation”. Plus, there is a snack bar, parking nearby and bathrooms!!
Things To Do
There are a lot of fun things to do in the area. We went to the zoo, did a dolphin boat tour, took a day trip to Marco Island and did a lot of eating! Here is a list of things in the area to do.
- The Naples Zoo – It was not a large zoo, but fun for the kids and a good break from swimming. I would recommend planning this for the morning hours, or a cloudy day!
- Florida Everglades tour – We did not actually do an Everglades tour, I was a little too nervous for this. We did however drive from Naples to Miami via Alligator Alley (stretch of I-75) which cuts through the Everglades. We now know why it is called “Alligator Alley”…we probably saw 40 Alligators within 1.5 hours!
- Sunset Cruise – We opted to do the Dolphin Tour instead of the Sunset tour, but it was run through the same company. There are several cruise companies that offer different experiences.
- Dolphin Cruise – This tour was great. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable! We got to see the most beautiful homes, while seeing plenty of Dolphins, eagles and other wildlife.
- Shopping on 5th Avenue – Hello! Who doesn’t love shopping?! Oh yeah, my husband and kids…however this area offers a great selection of stores.
- Tin City – Locally owned stores and restaurants. Fun for the whole family and within walking distance to Naples Bay Resort!
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! If you end up going to Naples Bay Resort I would love to hear about your experience!
Here are some of my other posts about Travel! Enjoy