It’s Pumpkin Season!
I absolutely love pumpkin desserts! Unfortunately for my husband, he does not. I don’t get it, I literally can’t even get him to try a piece! That is not going to stop me from making them though. Clearly, there are plenty of people that will help me eat these. I took this cake to work and everyone LOVED it!! It didn’t last long!!
Usually, I look for desserts that are EASY to make, and don’t have a lot of ingredients. Once I see a long laundry list of ingredients and directions, I shut down and move on. I turn to box cake mix for a lot of desserts, for a few reasons…it’s quick, it’s easy and did I mention it’s quick and easy?! Additionally, there are so many different flavors you can add to a box of yellow cake mix, and pumpkin is one! This dessert tastes as good as it looks and you can definitely taste all of the flavors. I love how this cake is super moist (thanks to the pumpkin) and the cream cheese frosting gives it an extra creamy texture. I can’t wait for you to try it!
With only 15 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes of baking time, this cake is a real winner in my book!
- 15 Minute Prep Time
- 20-25 Minutes Bake Time
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (Use Duncan Hines Yellow Cake for Soy Free!)
- 1 15-ounce can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter (softened)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon + extra to sprinkle on top!
- 1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 Cans of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F
- Grease a 13×9 inch pan (I used butter and Flour, but you can use a baking spray)
- Mix together butter, cake mix, and eggs
- Add the pumpin, vanilla and the spices
- Mix until well incorporated
- Pour into the dish
- Bake for 20-25 Minutes
- Let the cake cool before frosting
- Decorate with Cream Cheese frosting and sprinkle with cinnamon
How To Decorate The Top
- #22 Wilton Decorating Tip (my favorite!)
- Fill a 12″ or 16″ piping bag with the cream cheese frosting
- I used 1.5 cans to do the top because I was generous with the frosting. If you only want to spread it out with a spatula, 1 can will do.
- Start at one end of the cake and do a row of swirls, followed by a row of star dots and repeat until the cake is completely frosted
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon