Buttercream is arguably the best part of a dessert. Lately I have been making a good amount of buttercream frosting, and this is my new favorite. With the holidays right around the corner this is the perfect recipe. To me cinnamon represents all the smells and tastes of the holiday season. I just love it!
This recipe is great for holiday desserts, and sweet breakfast treats too! Can you imagine this on banana bread?! I can, and I am going to make some, just as soon as my banana’s turn ripe enough!
I created this cinnamon buttercream to go with my cinnamon cupcakes for a work party. They turned out so delicious and it was just the right amount of cinnamon. Everyone at the party, adults and kids alike, thought I bought them and that is always the highest compliment!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- In your stand mixer (I use my KitchenAid) with the paddle attachment, add the softened butter. If you don’t have enough time to let this softened, you can stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so and it should do the trick!
- Beat butter on medium to high until creamy
- Add vanilla and salt
- Gradually add powdered sugar and alternate adding in cream
- Continue beating for 2-3 minutes on medium
- Turn to high speed once sugar is incorporated
- Add in the cinnamon and fully mix it
If frosting is too stiff add in more milk or cream 1 tsp at a time and beat until combined.
Spread on Cake and/or put in piping bags
Be sure to subscribe to Fun and Frosted and be the first to know about my new blog posts!
Check out these other great Fun and Frosted recipes