I love chocolate chip cookies, and better yet chocolate chip cookie bars! And because of my allergies, I always have to make them from scratch. That is one of the reasons I got into baking.
These Chocolate Chip cookie bars are a mix between a cookie, a cake and a a blondie. They are chewy, a little cake like, but not too crumbly. In addition this recipe is fun and easy and can be changed up with different toppings. You can add sprinkles, any kind of baking chip and you can change up the cake mix! These are delicious served with Ice cream as well!
What’s in them?
- 1 box of cake mix – I chose Betty Crocker French Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of canola oil
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 Cup white chocolate chips (I use Tollhouse Simply Delicious – They are soy free!)
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Tollhouse Simply Delicious – They are soy free!)
- Chocolate Buttercream – Click here for my recipe!
Suggestions to change it up!
- Use Butterscotch chips
- Mint Chocolate Chips
- Break up pieces of candy like Butterfingers, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Add in Marshallow fluff and swirl it around
- Use Chocolate Cake Mix
- Use Cherry Chip Cake Mix
- Serve with ice cream!
- The possibilities are endless!!!
How to Make it
- Mix together the cake mix, egg, vanilla, and milk
- The batter will appear thick and almost sticky, but that is okay. If you need to add more milk you can
- Add in your chocolate chips
- Grease a 11×9 baking dish with a baking spray or my Cake Pan Release (Soy Free!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Let cool completely before frosting – or you can eat without frosting!
- You can top with any type of frosting. I chose Easy Chocolate Buttercream and topped with sprinkles! Delicious!!
These Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars are great for any type of occasion – Birthday parties, Holiday occasions or just because you want a chocolate chip cookie! I love them because they are quick and easy, and they get eaten up fast.
Here are some other Fun and Frosted Recipes
Here are some other great recipes from Fun and Frosted you will be sure to enjoy. I invite you to comment on my site if you have tried these!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Be sure to subscribe to be the first to know when I post a new recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Bars is a recipe derived from Sally’s Baking Addiction