I have made these Gingerbread Bars for the past two Christmas’. They have been circulating around Pinterest from various blogs. I am not entirely sure where they originated from, but my guess is Six Sister’s Stuff. They always have great recipes and this one is no exception!
The holidays are so busy with gatherings and everyone always expects me to bring dessert! (which I enjoy!) I try to make a variety of desserts and different flavors to mix things up a bit. I can tell you my husband appreciates that! These Gingerbread Bars are an unpredictable dessert, and everyone loves them, including myself. These are one of my favorites…Yum!! I will be taking these to work tomorrow, for a holiday party. I guarantee they won’t last long 🙂
These Gingerbread Bars incorporate all of those spices associated with Christmas smells, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and molasses! This dessert is just the right amount of sweet!
This is definitely a recipe to hold onto!!
Ingredients for the Gingerbread Bars
- 1/2 Cup butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 Cup molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
Gingerbread Bar Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 13×9 baking dish. You can get my cake release recipe here. It’s easy to make and Soy Free!
- In your stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add in the egg, and mix until fully incorporated
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients
- Slowly add them into the stand mixer, and mix thoroughly
- Pour mix into baking dish and pat down to get it evenly distributed
- Bake for 15-18 Minutes
- Let cool before frosting!
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In your stand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together. Make sure they are both softened and at room temp. Otherwise your frosting will be chunky
- Add in the vanilla and mix
- Add in the powdered sugar slowly until all incorporated
- Pour on the sprinkles, or cinnamon and serve!
Make sure to store them in the refrigerator!
I hope you enjoy these Gingerbread Bars. If you want more Fun and Frosted recipes, make sure to follow my blog, and my Pinterest page!
I really appreciate all of my subscribers! Thank you