Do you ever find yourself needing a quick and easy last minute dessert for a party? These Cherry Pie Bars are the answer. They are easy to make, easy to eat and are so yummy. They are great for ANY occasion. Once I start eating these I honestly have a hard time stopping!!
This is one of those desserts, that if you have these leftover in your refrigerator you keep going in for just one more bite…
Honestly I cannot tell you enough how EASY these are to make. I like a quick and easy dessert, and when I am in a pinch I don’t want to have to give it much thought. This recipe would be fantastic swapping out the Cherry filling with strawberry, blueberry, peach or even lemon filling! I am going to try that next time I go to make this.
I served these Easy Cherry Pie Bars up at our Christmas Party with my friends. They were very festive and were perfect for the holidays! They even went well with my Grapefruit Paloma aka Margarita…
This recipe is a great go-to for anyone who has food allergies to peanuts, tree-nuts and soy. I happen to have all three. This recipe can be found in many variations, but mostly people use almond extract, which is an absolute no for me! I just supplemented with more vanilla!!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 cans cherry pie filling 21 oz. Depending on how much cherry you like!
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In your stand mixer cream together butter and sugar
- Add in eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients into the mixture
- Press the majority of the dough into a greased 9×13 baking dish. You will need about 1 cup of reserve for the top. You can use spray or use this recipe for Cake Pan Release. It’s amazing and soy free! Nothing sticks with this!
- Spread on the cherry pie filling
- Take the rest of the dough and drop spoonfuls on the top
- Bake for 30 minutes. Should be a golden brown on top
- Cool completely
- Mix together the glaze ingredients and drizzle on top
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve
- Warm them up and serve with ice cream, or just eat them by themselves!
Like I said before, you can try different pie fillings to change up this recipe!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and come back for more!!
Subscribe to Fun and Frosted to get the latest recipes, and follow me on Pinterest please!