Who doesn’t love a warm Cinnamon Cake? It has one of those irresistible smells, like the smell when you walk past Mrs. Fields cookies or Cinnabon! This cake is great for dessert, breakfast/brunch or even a snack. I mean what cake isn’t!!!!!
I love a simple dessert, because I am a mom on the go and I don’t have a lot of time on my hands. With two wild boys, who are always on the go I am constantly running around. Everyone has a good intention to make dessert from scratch, but it doesn’t hurt to get a little help from a box mix. There is no shame with that. With seven simple ingredients this cake is fast, fun and oh so delicious!
For The Cake
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake mix. (I used Duncan Hines – Soy Free!)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Oil ( I use Canola – again Soy Free)
- 1 Cup Water
For the Cinnamon Mixture
- 1/3 Cup melted butter
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9×13 glass dish with butter and flour (you can use baking spray but I avoid that because it has soy). You can also use a metal dish as well. I like to use glass to see how the bottom is baked
- Follow the instructions on the box of cake to make the cake
- Pour into dish
- Melt butter (30 seconds or so)
- Mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon – Stir it up nice and good!
- Drizzle over the cake and swirl it around with a knife. See my video below!
- Bake for 20-24 Minutes
- Let cool completely
- I put half a can of Vanilla frosting in a piping bag and used Wilton tip #22
- The rest of the frosting I put in the microwave for 15 seconds to drizzle on top. Yum! You can be as liberal with the frosting as you want
- I hope you enjoy this recipe. Come back for more deliciousness!!