So I am going out on a limb here and trying something new! Since my Cinnamon Rolls are such a hot commodity, I am going to branch out with other flavors!! How can you go wrong with Chocolate?! Chocolate Sweet Rolls for the win!!!
These Chocolate rolls are amazing, especially if you love chocolate like myself! Cinnamon Rolls will always have a place in my heart, but sometimes you just need to change things up!!
Not So Cinnamon-y Cinnamon Roll?
Basically, I took my Cinnamon Roll Recipe and altered the filling! easy peasy! I used the same dough, and the same frosting recipe!! Let me know what you think!!! Let’s get right to it!
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 6 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour Divided
- 2 Packets Rapid Rise Yeast .25 oz Packets
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz Pack Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan, put the milk and butter together and turn burner on low until melted.
- Remove from heat once the butter has melted, and allow to cool slightly.
- In your stand mixer, with the mixing blade, add 2 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix together
- Add your water and eggs, as well as the warm butter/milk. Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour (4 cups) 1/2 cup at a time. When the dough starts to form a ball, it’s ready!
- remove mixing blade and attach a dough hook
- Mix for 5 minutes
- Once the dough is ready, transfer to another bowl that is lightly floured, and start working on the filling
- In your stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix the brown sugar, cocao, and softened butter.
- Roll out the dough as wide as you can.
- Spread on the filling and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top!
- Starting at a short end, roll the dough.
- If you want smaller Cinnamon rolls, cut the dough in half before you roll it up!
- Cut the dough to the size you want. The thicker you want, the farther apart you cut!
- Place the rolls, swirl down, in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees F. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Then cover loosely with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and drizzle over the rolls
- Make your frosting while the rolls are baking.
- When your rolls are ready, spread on the frosting!
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Sweet Rolls! Subscribe to my blog and follow me on Pinterest!